My homemade Playdough is a secret mom weapon. It prevents Lego related meltdowns, cures cases of the "Imbored", and relieves you of having to ever buy a plastic container of Playdoh again. After you make this once, you will feel empowered; share it with your friends and make some for your next playdate.
Clyde measuring with the precision of a future Jewish surgeon...
Its simple enough that a child can help measure and place all the ingredients in the small saucepan. Everything goes in at once, and is cooked together for a few minutes, and its done.
Ruby's Cookie Monster hybrid
The texture is smoother than Playdoh and without that strange yet nostalgic smell.
I use my cake professional food grade colors for mixing, but regular or natural food coloring will work as well, although the color may be more faint. It has a nice pale buttery color to it if you are feeling au natural.
Dough with a streak of deep pink food coloring
The fun lasted for a while, and ended in a giant blob of all colors, and two happy children. The perfect ending to vacation.
Homemade Easy Playdough
1 cup all purpose organic flour
1/2 cup salt
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 cup water
1 tablespoon canola oil
1. Add all ingredients to a small heavy bottom saucepan.
2. Using a whisk, combine ingredients, and stir frequently over medium-high heat, until mixture begins to thicken, about 2 minutes.
3. Keep mixing until mixture is so thick and begins to clump.
4. Remove from heat, use your hand to grab balls of dough to tint separately.
5. Tint with crazy colors, and keep in a covered container so it doesn't dry out.